አንዃን ደህና መጡ
Ye oso move
أهلا و سهلا
The Organization strives to create opportunities for access and full participation of members of the African community in all aspects of society including economic, social, cultural and educational endeavors and contribute to the holistic development and wellness of the African individual, family and community. Essentially, our motto is prosperity through hard work and cooperation.
Africa Centre Case Study
Click here to read/download the African Centre Case Study Report
JOB POSTING: Co-ordinator of Family Programs and Seniors’ Outreach
The Council for the Advancement of African Canadians in Alberta (CAAC) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization dedicated to helping members live our motto: Prosperity through hard work and cooperation. Operating as the “Africa Centre,” we create a welcoming, safe and supportive environment for our children’s, youth, adult and seniors’ programs. The Council is committed to diversity, accessibility and social justice - welcoming people of all races, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, socioeconomic status, and abilities.
We are seeking a Social Worker who will be responsible for:
- Providing outreach, individual and group support to isolated and at-risk African seniors as well as their families
- Co-ordinating the delivery of Africa Centre family programs and services at satellites in Edmonton’s North Central, downtown periphery and University areas.
Duties and responsibilities
Identify African immigrant and refugee seniors who are socially isolated and/or vulnerable
- Provide one-on-one health, social and navigational support to these seniors and their families
- Organize culturally relevant seniors’ social support groups
- Co-ordinate implementation of Africa Centre family programs at its satellite sites
- Identify communication networks and social marketing strategies to raise Africa Centre’s profile as a means to increase participation in on-going programs
- Identify and foster community outreach, engagement and collaborative initiatives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Social Worker Registered with the Alberta College of Social Workers
- Good understanding of the needs of older people and resources to address them
- Familiarity with and connections to African communities
- Community-based case management
- 2+ years’ experience as a program coordinator, community organizer or event planner
- Excellent communication, teamwork, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity and experience with issues related to senior volunteers
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Has a valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle during scheduled work hours
Hours of Work: 32-40 hours per week. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be necessary.
To apply, please submit an electronic cover letter and résumé before 11:59 p.m. Sunday, December 6th, 2015 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for your interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
We are also currently hiring for two part-time positions: WRAPED Supervisor and Men Conversation Cafe Coordinator. if you are interested please contact us via email at email@example.com for more information .