What We Stand For
The Organization strives to create opportunities for access and full participation of members of the African community in all aspects of society including economic, social, cultural and educational endeavors and contribute to the holistic development and wellness of the African individual, family and community. Essentially, our motto is prosperity through hard work and cooperation.
Our Vision is to establish an African Centre that will serve as the hub of the community and provide an atmosphere which is welcoming, that shows respect for diversity and that supports all members of all interests and abilities.
The Africa Centre strives to create opportunities for access and full participation of members of the African community in all aspects of society.
This includes educational, cultural , social and economic endeavors that ultimately contribute to the holistic development and wellness of the African individual, family and community.
Essentially, our motto is ” prosperity through hard work and cooperation”.
- To promote early learning to African-Canadian families and offer educational opportunities to pre-school children.
- To provide educational opportunities and support to African-Canadian school-aged children to help them succeed in the Canadian school system.
- To educate and empower African-Canadian women, youth, seniors and others to help them integrate into Canadian society.
- To educate and increase the Canadian public’s understanding of and appreciation for African culture.
- To educate African-Canadians about the Canadian political process in order to encourage respect for and participation in the democratic process in Canada.
The Council for Advancement of Africa – Canadians(CAAC), operating as the Africa Centre was launched in 2006. It is a one-stop multi-purpose centre;Read more
Please follow the link below to view all the exciting events we have coming up this year. We offer many unique festivals and special events throughout the year.Read more
The purpose of this program is to facilitate healthy development of children, youth and their families by providing safe places, positive relationships,Read more